Are Your Windows / Doors Increasing Your Utility Bills?
There are many contributing factors to unnecessary high utility bills. One of the largest culprits is drafty and inefficient doors and windows. You can reduce high energy bills and create a more comfortable living area for the whole family. Energy efficient replacement windows and doors will pay for themselves in reduced heating bills and often through tax credits. Federal tax credits for certain energy-efficient improvements to existing homes are available through December 31, 2013. Please visit www.energystar.gov for more information regarding tax credits for 2013.
Just like appliances, roofing, and siding, windows and doors do need to be replaced. Many older homes still have original single-paned glass windows. These are not energy efficient and are no longer recommended. Older windows and patio doors allow ultraviolet rays to enter your home leading to faded furnishings, thus, decreasing the life of your personal household items. We can help you determine if it is time to replace your windows and/or doors.
Some key points to help determine if the time is now for replacement are:
- Do you find moisture on the inside of the window?
- Are your current windows single pane glass?
- Do you have difficulty opening and closing your windows?
- Can you hear outside noises clearly in your home?
- Are curtains or drapes moving slightly?
- Have you noticed furniture, rugs, artwork, and/or window treatments fading in color?
- Are you still using storm windows?
- Are your existing windows difficult to clean?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, it may be time to replace those windows and/or patio doors. Call 508.758.6738 now to schedule an appointment with Fisher & Rocha, Inc. for a free estimate. We will help you choose and energy efficient window and/or door to maximize your comfort and minimize your energy costs.